Thursday 12 November 2009

Lesson Evaluation 12/11/09 Natalie


Today's lesson gave me a clear insight into what to expect over the next few months in relation to coursework: Creating, researching and blogging our opening sequence and how to go about this.
I enjoyed creating the blog as a group, i feel using interactive and electronic material such as a blog and YouTube is far easier and makes the media task seem more digitally active.
Viewing previous media AS opening sequences gave me an opportunity to see what to do and what not to do. Various opening sequences were very good, they included things such as variety of shot, steady camera movements, appropriate mise-en-scene and a good narrative. By seeing a good example of an opening sequence, i can see what the examiner is looking for. I now realise it isn't all about creating an amazing or complex story, it seemed to me that by using a narrative which could be followed, then detail such as props, locations etc. a good opening sequence could easily be achieved. Other examples of media opening sequences gave me an idea what not to do: shakey camera actions, bad continuity and one shot type were all basic things which shouldn't be done at AS level standard are things i can learn not to do when making my media text within my group. By learning from other previous years mistakes i can see the detail, research and dedication needed for making a successful media product. Another important thing i learnt today was that people are very critical, it was easy for us to judge as a class other peoples work, so this has made me more motivated to have a good opening sequence for my coursework. Being critical can also be a good thing, by critically analysing others work, I've learnt a lot about what our media group should and shouldn't do, and i think we all, as a group learnt the same lessons.
The introduction of coursework was very clearly described with a lot of detail, this was very helpful. The coursework overview gave me a small insight of what my group and i will be doing over the next few months. It also gave me an idea of what we would be doing, firstly, opening the blog and speaking about it gave me a good idea of where all our work could be viewed and where my evaluation would be. Learning about the preliminary task excited me, practicing and using digital technology like the video camera is always exciting and interesting. It will also be a great introduction before our main task so we can all, as a group, learn each others strengths and weaknesses and decide what would be a good path for us for the main task itself. It will also help me decide what i am good and bad at so in the main task, i will, hopefully already corrected the bad, making the task easier to complete and also i would have learnt from the preliminary task.
I am looking forward to the coursework task and feel the introduction and critical analysis has helped me realise what has to be done. I think as a group, there will be a lot of work, but hopefully, our coursework will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment