Thursday 19 November 2009

Review of todays lesson. Natalie Murray

Today in Media we, as a group, had to research a genre of film using www.filmsite.org/genre. We then had to create a new blog post containing the typical conventions of a genre of our choice. We chose Western. Two of the group (Ellie and Bridget) researched the typical conventions of the Western genre and they added photos and an example of an actress from the western Genre. The other two of us (Catherine and I) researched Western films, We decided as a pair to do the Western film: Stagecoach, Directed by John Ford in 1939. Me and Catherine as a pair analysed a chase sequence from the movie which we found on www.youtube.com. Together we found the conventions of Westerns which was found in this extract and we also briefly recognised positive and negative representations of the characters within the sequence. We also analysed the opening sequence of the same film and recognised the typical conventions found in opening sequence.

This really helped me as I now have a deeper understanding of another genre i didn't know a lot about before, and i also have widened my knowledge. As well as this, analysing another opening sequence and extract from the film Stagecoach, has helped me realise what i have to put into our practical and will help me contribute to make it better.
I will hopefully be able to do this again individually to help contribute further in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment